Imagine the tantalizing aroma of freshly baked desserts wafting through your backyard, enticing your guests and promising an unforgettably sweet ending to a perfect meal. Grilled desserts are a fantastic way to take your outdoor cooking game to the next level, as they blend the traditional goodness of a dessert with the unique smoky flavor of a grill.
Let’s dive into some of our team at Synergy Outdoor Living’s favorite mouth-watering dessert recipes that are sure to satisfy your sweet tooth and impress your guests!
Grilled Desserts for Every Season
Grilling can add a unique depth of flavor to your sweet treats, taking them to extraordinary new heights.
Try these mouth-watering grilled dessert ideas at your next outdoor gathering!
Not only does baking on the grill add a distinct smoky flavor to these Skillet Brownies, but it also offers a fun and unique twist to your regular baking routine.
So, let’s heat up the grill and get started!
- 1 cup of unsalted butter (melted)
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- Prepare your cast iron skillet with cooking spray or oil and set your grill to 325°F to 350°F.
- While the grill is heating up, mix your brownie ingredients and pour the batter into the skillet.
- Place the pan on the grill grates and close the grill lid.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, checking every 5-10 minutes. When the edges firm up and the middle isn’t liquid, it’s time to pull the pan off the grill.
- Let the brownies cool and cut into sizes of your preference.
- Serve with ice cream for a delicious treat!
Recipe inspired by: Food & Wine
Apple Crisp Foil Packets
The mix of succulent apples, cinnamon, and brown sugar all wrapped up in a foil packet and grilled to perfection will leave you and your guests craving for more.
Here’s how you can make your own Apple Crisp Foil Packets on the grill:
- 4 c. apples peeled, sliced thinly
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1/2 c. butter melted
- 1/2 c. brown sugar packed
- 1/2 c. flour
- 1/2 c. quick oats
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Aluminum Foil
- Ensure your grill is clean and preheated to medium heat.
- Lay out four large pieces of heavy-duty aluminum foil. Divide four peeled and sliced apples among the pieces of foil.
- In a small bowl mix together granulated sugar and cinnamon. Evenly sprinkle over the top of the apples.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the butter, brown sugar, flour, oatmeal, baking powder, cinnamon, and a pinch of nutmeg. Sprinkle this mixture over the apples.
- Fold up the edges of the foil to create packets. Make sure they’re sealed well so the juicy goodness doesn’t escape during grilling.
- Place the packets on the grill and close the lid. Grill for about 15-20 minutes, or until the apples are tender.
- Carefully open the packets (watch out for the steam!), let it cool a bit, then dig in!
There you have it – a simple, yet mouthwatering dessert that’s perfect for your next grill party. Get creative and experiment with different types of apples or add some nuts or granola for extra crunch. The possibilities are endless!
Recipe inspired by: Gimme Some Grilling
Grilled S’Mores Pizza
Nothing ignites the taste buds and stirs up nostalgia quite like a good old s’mores treat. But have you ever considered taking this campfire classic to a whole new level?
Get ready to add an adventurous twist to your backyard barbecues with this Grilled S’mores Pizza.
- Prepared pizza dough
- Hazelnut spread
- Chocolate chips
- Graham crackers
- Large marshmallows
- Start by preheating your grill to medium heat. While it’s heating up, roll out your pizza dough on a floured surface until it’s about 1/4-inch thick. Brush one side with oil to prevent it from sticking to the grill.
- Once your grill is hot, carefully place the dough, oil side down, onto the grill. Cook for about 2 to 3 minutes, until the bottom is golden and has grill marks. Then, flip and cook the other side for another 2 minutes.
- Next, spread a thin layer of chocolate spread over the grilled dough. Then, scatter mini marshmallows, chocolate chips, and graham cracker pieces evenly across the pizza.
- Finally, close the grill lid and let it cook for another 2 to 3 minutes, until the chocolate has melted and the marshmallows have puffed up and turned golden. Carefully remove the pizza from the grill and serve immediately.
Rum-Soaked Grilled Pineapple
If you’re looking for a way to introduce a touch of tropical flavor to your backyard barbecues, look no further. We’ve got just the ticket for you: Rum-Soaked Grilled Pineapple.
- A whole, ripe pineapple
- 1/2 cup of dark rum
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- A pinch of ground cinnamon
- Vanilla ice cream (optional, but highly recommended)
- Peel the pineapple and cut it into thick rings.
- In a bowl, combine the rum, sugar, and cinnamon. Stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Soak the pineapple rings in the rum mixture for at least 30 minutes. The longer they soak, the more flavor they will absorb.
- Preheat your grill to medium heat.
- Grill the pineapple rings for about 3-4 minutes per side, or until they have beautiful grill marks.
- Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
Get the Cookbook > Fire Up the Flavor: Grilled Desserts
Make the Most of Your Grill
It’s clear that grilling isn’t just for steaks and hot dogs anymore. With a bit of creativity and the right recipes, even the sweetest of treats can be fired up to perfection on the grill. And can you imagine a more delightful way to embrace the joy of grilling than with a custom outdoor kitchen, complete with a built-in grill? Just picture yourself whipping up these delectable treats at a moment’s notice for friends and family!
Ready to design your dream outdoor haven in Tampa, Orlando, or Jacksonville? Get in touch with Synergy Outdoor Living for a design consultation right away. Let’s make your dream come to life!
Featured Image Credit: Food & Wine