An outdoor kitchen is a wonderful way to add to the livable space of your house. Just like the rest of your home, your outdoor kitchen should be an expression of your unique style. With so many options or kitchen components like cabinetry and grills, it’s easy for some of the little additions to be overlooked. Here are 5 brilliant outdoor kitchen ‘hacks’ that some of our customers installed in the last year:
1. Under Cabinet Storage. This customer saw an amazing opportunity for storage while we were designing their bar-top side of the kitchen. This additional cabinet provided a great place for storing cleaning supplies and chunky kitchen appliances.
2. Install a Garbage Chute. Every great chef knows that a clean work space is essential when cooking. The garbage chute provides an easy ‘drop’ for your food wrappers and empty sauce bottles, while storing the waste out of sight.
3. Add a Bottle Opener. This may seem like a small little thing, but when you have a little BBQ sauce on your hands, the last thing you are going to want to do is dig through a utensil drawer for your bottle opener. Having an opener affixed to your kitchen cabinetry also makes this little device more accessible to your guests.
4. Make Room for Seating. Talk about sports, steak marinades, the weather… anything; but enjoy having these conversations with your family and friends while you are grilling. The kitchen is always the heart of the home- even the outside ones. Providing a comfortable place for seating around your outdoor kitchen will invite your guests to keep you company while you cook.
5. Add Some Music and Lighting. Don’t let the party stop when the sun goes down! Set the stage for a perfect evening with your guests when you add landscape music and lighting. Landscape lighting also adds another level of security to your home by illuminating dark spaces on your property.